NEW BRITAIN, CT 2007 – Stanley introduces the new STANLEY® FatMax® Xtreme™ FUBAR™ III demolition tool, a 30 inch version of the award-winning FatMax® Xtreme™ FUBAR™ demolition tool, packed with features like a fire hydrant wrench and a gas valve wrench designed specifically for the Fire and Rescue industry. Aggressive design morphed with functional brawn has created an all-in-one tool that fits the “on-the-job” intensity of the fire and rescue professional.
The FUBAR™ III demolition tool is forged from a single piece of high carbon steel for strength and durability. The FUBAR™ demolition tool has unique features that optimize its demolition performance include:
- An oversized sledge hammer face with a tempered edge for demolition effect when breaking through walls to check for hot spots, breaking through doors or gaining entry to properties.
- A pry bar claw and an innovative extracting claw, opposite the striking face, that has a two tiered jaw are ideal for popping and prying open doors, hood and trunks during vehicle extraction.
- A tempered chisel blade on top of the extracting claw helps rescuers enter a structure and dominate any obstacle while evacuating anyone inside.
- A fire hydrant wrench situated just below the two tiered jaw for superior leverage.
- Convenient gas valve wrench, located on the opposite end providing easy access.
- A durable rubber grip over-molded directly onto the bar for less slip and more control when using heavy gloves.
- Integrated spanner wrench below the striking face for connecting hose couplings.
“Members of the Fire and Rescue industry are looking for a product that allows them to make a quick needs assessment of the situation and grab a tool that has multitask, multifunctional
capabilities,” said Mike Marusiak, global product manager, Hammers & Demolition at The Stanley Works. “Whether the rescue requires vehicle extraction, shoring up collapsed structures, removing debris, demolition of walls and doors or property entry the FUBAR™ III demolition tool is up for the job.”
The STANLEY® FatMax® Xtreme™ FUBAR™ III demolition tool has a suggested retail price of $79.99, and is available at hardware stores and home centers wherever STANLEY® products are sold.
The Stanley Works (NYSE: "SWK") is a worldwide supplier of consumer products, industrial tools and security solutions. Consumer products include hand tools, mechanics tools, tool storage, and hardware. Industrial tools include fastening systems, industrial mechanics tools and tool storage, auto assembly tools, storage systems, professional laser measuring and leveling tools and hydraulic attachments. Security Solutions includes the integration and supplying of security systems and access control solutions, including automatic door and locking systems for commercial applications. The Stanley Works utilizes the Stanley Fulfillment System, its proprietary comprehensive continuous improvement program, to achieve total satisfaction wherever our processes touch our customers.
Our innovative Consumer and Industrial products help people utilize their skills, express their creativity and realize their visions on work sites around the globe. Brand names include Stanley®, FatMax®, Bostitch®, Jensen®, Mac®, Proto®, La Bounty®, Vidmar®, CST®, David White® and ZAG®. Our Security Solutions brands include Stanley®, Best®, Blick® and Frisco Bay®.